Friday, May 9, 2008

T.I. PUSHES BACK "PAPER TRAIL"



We have previously reported that T.I. has been hard at work in studio trying to come up with bangers for his sixth album. The album which will be titled Paper Trail will now only drop in August and will be the follow-up to his lukewarm but platinum-selling T.I. vs. T.I.P.

n a recent interview with Atlanta radio station Hot 107.9, T.I. indicated that the lyrical content on Paper Trail may be "ever so slightly" toned down.

"Not to a great deal or an extra degree of censorship, I'm just making sure this album is much more intelligently and artistically put together," T.I. told 107.9. "I'ma still get loose now. I'ma still do me. But you know when I was living the way I was living, I was rapping the way I was rapping ... A lot of elements that were in my life no longer exist."

The self proclaimed King of the South appeared on BET last night on a half-hour special, "T.I. Speaks." In his first televised interview since a plea bargain on weapon charges, T.I directly answered tough questions from host Toure and a group of at-risk students about his life and future after being sentenced to a year in prison. Tip also detailed how the ordeal has changed his life and delivers a strong message about decision-making.

"I must be a man and stand up and accept responsibility," T.I. said. "I exercised extremely poor judgment, and for that, I must be willing to pay whatever price that comes before me."

In related news, T.I. will also be continuing to show off his acting chops, will be starring in New Line's forthcoming film For Sale, which is being produced by Grand Hustle, and will also make a cameo appearance on the new season of HBO's hit series "Entourage."

Paper Trail hits stores on August 12.

1 comment:

zandile said...

Good Lord! T.I is hott! Never mind his music!