Monday, January 28, 2008

SHOWLOVE PRESENTS DJ MILKSHAKE



DJ Milkshake, as reported earlier, will be going head to head with old skool maestro Kenzhero at the "Old Skool vs. New Skool" concept party at 88 Lounge this Friday. We sat down with the man himself to see if he's ready for the ultimate battle.

There are so many DJs out there today, what separates you from the rest?
My swagger separates me, it’s important and I feel I understand that more than most Dj’s… I put on a show.

You play with cd’s, but also have a heavy vinyl collection. How do you feel when people question your DJing skills because of that?
Let me ask an obvious question, do people listen to cd’s, vinyls… or music?

As a new school DJ, do you feel as though today’s partygoers know their music?
To an extent, ‘cause you can’t rob people of good shit so you gotta keep them guessing.

So would you say Showlove’s ‘Old school vs. New school” concept is relevant?
If executed well, it could really showcase what appeals to people.

You going toe to toe with Kenzhero… you got your gameface on?
I was born ready

Cool, what’s the current banger on the dancefloors?
Roc-boys by Jigga

No comments: