Monday, January 28, 2008

SHOWLOVE PRESENTS DJ KENZHERO


Joburg's preeminent party movement, Showlove, is hosting another banger of a show on Friday, 01 February 2008. Dubbed "Old Skool vs. New Skool", it will feature the hottest hip hop DJs this side of the equator. The old skool-leaning Kenzhero will be battling up against Milskhake, a DJ with a new swagger and flavour. This mouthwatering concept will be coming to life @ The Crazy 88 Lounge in Norwood. As part of the build-up, we'll bring you cool interviews with the main players in this gig. First up, DJ Kenzhero. Dig in!

What made you start djing?
When Dj’s started playing of the radio playlist...

Not too many DJs use vinyls these days, would you say that it has become a lost art form because of that?
I don’t think so, that’s like saying I prefer desktops over laptops, I mean if u give Jazzy Jeff Final Scratch or Serato to play on, you’ll still get the same effect if not better.

Do you respect DJs who use cd’s?

I don’t mind what they use, as long as the DJ sound unique and knows their music

We all love the ‘Party People’ concept, what inspired it?
My trials and tribulations…the gab in the market.

So what do you think of Showlove’s ‘Old school vs New school’ concept?
It’s a good concept. The industry has separated hip hop a lot, or should I say promoters…I don’t see why me playing with Milkshake doesn’t happen every time cause you could maintain two different audiences at one event…

All time favourite track?
That’s an unfair question…Louis Armstrong's "What a wonderful world” comes to mind.