Wednesday, October 3, 2007

"I AM KING" SAYS KABELO


When we interviewed Bouga Luv a couple of months ago we asked him how he felt about the performance of his last album Exodus and he was openly unimpressed with its performance. “I am satisfied with Exodus and the market has received it wellish but for my standards I feel I could have done better sales wise,” he said.

So with the lucrative summer season in sight, the former member of kwaito supergroup TKZee and now officially a music mogul with the recent launch of his new record label Faith Records, Kabelo will be dropping his newest album, tentatively titled I AM KING, this October.

I AM KING
is obviously a very bold statement to make, but if there is anyone that deserves the title of King of Kwaito it is Kabelo, and not the ubiquitous Arthur. He has consistently produced commercially and critically acclaimed albums since he parted ways with Zwai and Tokollo, which have earned him a handful of SAMA awards and platinum plaques on his wall.

The new album will feature a number of prominent acts with whom he has worked with before such as Guffy, Alexis Faku and Mandla “Spikiri” Mofokeng. I am surprised that Bouga Luv was willing to enlist the services of the latter act, considering that he nearly single-handedly ruined the launch party for his label.

We’ll bring you more about this album as time goes on, and be rest assured that we’ll also sit down with the man himself to bring you another exclusive interview, Encore style!

No comments: