Thursday, September 20, 2007

Wajeed | The War Album | Bling47.com


Reviewed by DJ Romz Deluxe ••• 3/5.

After making a success of the Platinum Pied Pipers album Wajeed started creating tracks with his fellow bling 47 mates and introduced the War Album. I ordered the album for myself on amazon.com and in a month it was on my door step. I was so excited to have it that I bumped it hard nonstop and mixed it on my turntables. Then I realized that my being overwhelmed had a lot do with the fact that the tracks reminded me of J Dilla a.k.a James Yancey, his late best friend and mentor.

Wajeed has always been a Dilla student. He always hung out with Slum Village
learning the ropes and paying his dues, which is why I think the spirit of J
Dilla lives in him. This man is going to keep giving us the hot shit no matter
what!

According to Wajeed, this album deals with subjects such as the loss of loved
ones as well as the crippled world of the hip hop music and
America’s state of mind, this album is Bling 47’s way of declaring war on it
all! Musically& conceptually this album is the other face of Triple P. It is
more serious and hard hitting. Detroit style, if you know what I mean! This
album is definitely putting Wajeed on the map and he will
continue doing what he is good at.

Even though the album includes the same supporting cast as Triple P its style
is distinctly different. ‘The War LP’ is firmly rooted in hip hop ethics and in
many places the sound owes more to the genres of cinematic soundtrack and
psyche than to soul and R&B. Go get it!!

No comments: